pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Rodney Kite <rkit...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Traversing and filling a PDF with 2.0
Date Sat, 31 Oct 2015 03:27:37 GMT
I don't know about how to fix it but it would be nice if the warning was one per PDF document
processed instead of one warning for every field in the document.

      From: Maruan Sahyoun <sahyoun@fileaffairs.de>
 To: users@pdfbox.apache.org; Rodney Kite <rkite01@yahoo.com>
 Sent: Friday, October 30, 2015 6:36 PM
 Subject: Re: Traversing and filling a PDF with 2.0

Hi,

thank you - I had a quick look and - annoying as it may be - the message is OK as the font
is not embedded. There might be a way to improve the current code as the font information
available might allow us to generate the appearance without looking for a fallback font. Having
said that I'm not the expert in font handling so maybe John can have a look at it later.

BR
Maruan

> Am 30.10.2015 um 23:04 schrieb Rodney Kite <rkite01@yahoo.com.INVALID>:
>
> Here is one of them.  It had about 150 warnings for this one document.
>
> http://www.wildersmobile.com/web/pdf/SpacelySprockets.pdf

file.  I do not think 1.8 printed anything to the log.  It is logging the same warning too
many times.  Once per PDF is enough.

>> I was able to suppress it by changing the log level to ERROR instead of WARNING.
So I do have a work around.

>>            <logger category="org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font">
>>                <level name="ERROR"/>
>>            </logger>
>>

> would it be possible to share the file?
>
> BR
> Maruan

getting the following warning over and over in my log.  I did not see this in 1.8.

task-35) Using fallback font ArialMT for HelveticaLTStd-Roman

or embedded - we try to find a fallback font. If you believe that the font is embedded in
the PDF or locally available then this might be a bug.

API is to use PDAcroForm.getFieldTree().

I have been using PDFBox to open a blank goverment PDF and fill out fields while walking the
document like a DOM tree.

I have looked at the examples with the source but only see getting a field by name and setting
it in the SetField.java example.