pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Traversing and filling a PDF with 2.0
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2015 22:36:51 GMT
Hi,

thank you - I had a quick look and - annoying as it may be - the message is OK as the font
is not embedded. There might be a way to improve the current code as the font information
available might allow us to generate the appearance without looking for a fallback font. Having
said that I'm not the expert in font handling so maybe John can have a look at it later.

BR
Maruan

> Am 30.10.2015 um 23:04 schrieb Rodney Kite <rkite01@yahoo.com.INVALID>:
>
> Here is one of them.   It had about 150 warnings for this one document.
>
> http://www.wildersmobile.com/web/pdf/SpacelySprockets.pdf

file.  I do not think 1.8 printed anything to the log.  It is logging the same warning too
many times.  Once per PDF is enough.

>> I was able to suppress it by changing the log level to ERROR instead of WARNING.
 So I do have a work around.

>>             <logger category="org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font">
>>                 <level name="ERROR"/>
>>             </logger>
>>

> would it be possible to share the file?
>
> BR
> Maruan

getting the following warning over and over in my log.  I did not see this in 1.8.

task-35) Using fallback font ArialMT for HelveticaLTStd-Roman

or embedded - we try to find a fallback font. If you believe that the font is embedded in
the PDF or locally available then this might be a bug.

API is to use PDAcroForm.getFieldTree().

have been using PDFBox to open a blank goverment PDF and fill out fields while walking the
document like a DOM tree.

 I have looked at the examples with the source but only see getting a field by name and setting
it in the SetField.java example.