pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Ternes <KTer...@thegeneral.com>
Subject RE: How flatten without changing appearance
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 14:53:56 GMT
I am trying to refactor for 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT now.

Can someone tell me how to flatten a PDDocument in PDFBox 2 ?
All the examples seem to pertain to v1.x

-----Original Message-----
From: Maruan Sahyoun [mailto:sahyoun@fileaffairs.de]
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2015 1:55 AM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: How flatten without changing appearance

Hi,

> Am 12.09.2015 um 00:08 schrieb Kevin Ternes <KTernes@thegeneral.com>:
>
> Maruan,
> That would be great.  Please have a look at:
> https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9CCA324BE57ADA7!76929&authkey=!A
> KE0x0fh5QDkIIw&ithint=file%2czip This should demonstrate the problem
> by processing several files.

I took a quick look. Which version of PDFBox are you using? Would it be possible to go to
(the yet to be released) 2.0.0 version?

BR
Maruan

> The users complaint is: Boxes are being greyed out and font sizes are being changed by
the flatten.
> My flatten is done by the PDFBoxUtils.flatten() method.
>
> Thanks,
> -Kevin

I could take a look.

> BR
> Maruan
>
>> Am 11.09.2015 um 18:23 schrieb Kevin Ternes <KTernes@thegeneral.com>:
>>
>> I have not been able to successfully flatten a document without affecting the formatting
of the field.
>> There are some example codes out there but none of them work correctly for me.

annotation for the field value formatting and this is not to be changed.

>> when a field is flattened correctly the formatting of the annotations visually representing
the field become part of the page content stream. So if you don't need the fields at all -
as there is no further input - you could flatten the source documents prior to merging them.