pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Ternes <KTer...@thegeneral.com>
Subject RE: How flatten without changing appearance
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2015 22:08:05 GMT
Maruan,
That would be great.  Please have a look at:
 https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9CCA324BE57ADA7!76929&authkey=!AKE0x0fh5QDkIIw&ithint=file%2czip
This should demonstrate the problem by processing several files.

The users complaint is: Boxes are being greyed out and font sizes are being changed by the
flatten.
My flatten is done by the PDFBoxUtils.flatten() method.

Thanks,
 -Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Maruan Sahyoun [mailto:sahyoun@fileaffairs.de]
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2015 12:17 PM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to merge forms where there is

how urgent is it for you? If you could share a sample file and your code for flattening I
could take a look.

BR
Maruan

> Am 11.09.2015 um 18:23 schrieb Kevin Ternes <KTernes@thegeneral.com>:
>
> I have not been able to successfully flatten a document without affecting the formatting
of the field.
> There are some example codes out there but none of them work correctly for me.

for the field value formatting and this is not to be changed.

> when a field is flattened correctly the formatting of the annotations visually representing
the field become part of the page content stream. So if you don't need the fields at all -
as there is no further input - you could flatten the source documents prior to merging them.