pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Ternes <KTer...@thegeneral.com>
Subject RE: How to merge forms where there is
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2015 16:23:38 GMT
I have not been able to successfully flatten a document without affecting the formatting of
the field.
There are some example codes out there but none of them work correctly for me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Maruan Sahyoun [mailto:sahyoun@fileaffairs.de]
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2015 3:15 AM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to merge forms where there is

Hi Kevin
None of these field values will need to be changed afterward the merge.  They are set to read-only.

> I tried flattening the source fields but most of these documents rely on field annotation
for the field value formatting and this is not to be changed.

when a field is flattened correctly the formatting of the annotations visually representing
the field become part of the page content stream. So if you don't need the fields at all -
as there is no further input - you could flatten the source documents prior to merging them.

BR
Maruan