pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Eric Douglas <edoug...@blockhouse.com>
Subject Anyone know how to set up a bouncycastle?
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2015 14:53:18 GMT
I'm trying to read a PDF using pdfbox, and on one system I get this error:

cannot create instance of
org.bouncycastle.jcajce.provider.digest.GOST3411$Mappings
: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
("java.security.SecurityPermission"
"putProviderProperty.BC")
java.lang.InternalError: cannot create instance of org.bouncycastle.jcajce.
provider.digest.GOST3411$Mappings : java.security.AccessControlException:
access denied ("java.security.SecurityPermission" "putProviderProperty.BC")
org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider.loadAlgorithms(Unknown
Source)
org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider.setup(Unknown Source)
org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider.access$000(Unknown
Source)
org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider$1.run(Unknown Source)
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider.<init>(Unknown Source)
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.encryption.SecurityHandlerFactory.<clinit>(
SecurityHandlerFactory.java:44)
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.encryption.PDEncryption.<init>
(PDEncryption.java:96)
org.apache.pdfbox.pdfparser.PDFParser.prepareDecryption(PDFParser.java:436)
org.apache.pdfbox.pdfparser.PDFParser.initialParse(PDFParser.java:321)
org.apache.pdfbox.pdfparser.PDFParser.parse(PDFParser.java:373)
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument.load(PDDocument.java:890)
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument.load(PDDocument.java:821)

I looked up where and how to put this grant stuff.  This sounds
complicated.
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/security/PolicyFiles.html#FileSyntax

I'm running webstart.  This should work for my client and server?  I just
have to update the server?  This goes in the
jdk1.8.0_60\jre\lib\security\java.security
file?  I have to manually put this here for each server, and do it again
any time we install a new Java version?
I put this in my jnlp file.  It apparently didn't help this issue.
<security>
     <all-permissions/>
</security>
Is there a way to make this work without manually editing files we'll have
to worry about later?  This is just for an application, server and clients
are all on local network.

Is there a way to call PDDocument.load without using BouncyCastle, or
without installing it in java security?