pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Bart Taylor <bat...@gmail.com>
Subject Checkbox with multiple AnnotationWidgets
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 18:50:21 GMT
Hi,

I have a simple document with two PDCheckbox fields, and one of those
fields has two AnnotationWidgets. I am able to successfully call check() on
the first field and see the result in the output document, but calling
check() on the field with multiple AnnotationWidgets has no effect.

My understanding of duplicated fields is that only a single PDField exists
but that an AnnotationWidget kid will exist for each instance of the field
in the document, so setting the PDField parent once should affect all of
the children. Am I misunderstanding how this should work?

Attached is the document I am testing as well as a small Java class that
reproduces the issue by calling check() on everything in getFields().  I
have tried this with PDFBox 1.8.9, 1.8.10, and the 09/03 Snapshot of 2.0.0.
I am viewing the document with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Version
2015.008.20082.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bart.