pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Lachezar Dobrev <l.dob...@gmail.com>
Subject Replacing images in PDFs.
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 09:26:11 GMT
  Hello all.
  I'm tasked with providing a service to generate PDFs from template PDFs
by replacing text place holders and image place holders with data from a
database.
​  For replacing text we decided to use Form Field​s to keep minimal effect
on the page layout, and to avoid problems with texts being split into parts
by the editor.
  Replacing images is also achievable using
COSStream.replaceWithStream(COSStream).

  Q1: The replaceWithStream method is being deprecated. What can I use to
do the same thing in PDFBox 2? I tried stream-copying, but I get a
"WARNING: DCTFilter#encode is not implemented yet, skipping this stream."
and the image disappears from the output file.

  Q2: Is there any way to identify which image is what? Form fields have
Mapping Name that I can use to detect which field needs to contain what,
but I can not find a way to get some user-controllable identifier for an
image. Any thoughts?