pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Enabled extended features error
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 07:56:06 GMT
Hi,

for documents with extended features enabled you need to save them incrementally using PDDocument.saveIncremental().
Unfortunately this feature is yet only implemented for digital signatures. There is an open
issue to handle that PDFBOX-2981 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-2981>

BR
Maruan

> Am 29.09.2015 um 00:23 schrieb Rodney Kite <rkite01@yahoo.com.INVALID>:
>
> I have a government PDF document that I have been filling out fields in programatically.
  Previous generations of the document worked fine.  The final version when opened in Acrobat
Reader displays an error message

> This document enabled extended features in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.  The document has
been changed since it was created and the use of extended features is no longer available.
 Please contact the author for the original version of this document.

>   In the simplest case I just open the document and save it with PDFBox.  Even this causes
the error.  The saved document is larger than the original.  Why does Acrobat think it has
changed?   Can PDFBox work for this?  Did the government person sign the document incorrectly?