pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: How flatten without changing appearance
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 15:57:04 GMT

> Am 14.09.2015 um 16:53 schrieb Kevin Ternes <KTernes@thegeneral.com>:
>
> I am trying to refactor for 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT now.
>
> Can someone tell me how to flatten a PDDocument in PDFBox 2 ?
> All the examples seem to pertain to v1.x

there are non but I've started to get that into the project

to (the yet to be released) 2.0.0 version?

> BR
> Maruan
>

>> The users complaint is: Boxes are being greyed out and font sizes are being changed
by the flatten.
>> My flatten is done by the PDFBoxUtils.flatten() method.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Kevin

I could take a look.

>> BR
>> Maruan
>>
>>> Am 11.09.2015 um 18:23 schrieb Kevin Ternes <KTernes@thegeneral.com>:
>>>
>>> I have not been able to successfully flatten a document without affecting the
formatting of the field.
>>> There are some example codes out there but none of them work correctly for me.

field annotation for the field value formatting and this is not to be changed.

>>> when a field is flattened correctly the formatting of the annotations visually
representing the field become part of the page content stream. So if you don't need the fields
at all - as there is no further input - you could flatten the source documents prior to merging
them.