pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: UnsupportedOperationException: JPX encoding not implemented
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2015 16:36:44 GMT
Am 23.09.2015 um 17:06 schrieb Kevin Ternes:
> I am stuck on this exception from JPXFilter.encode() from some documents that I am trying
to merge:

>      Caught java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: JPX encoding not implemented
>      java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: JPX encoding not implemented
>      at org.apache.pdfbox.filter.JPXFilter.encode(JPXFilter.java:131)
>      at org.apache.pdfbox.filter.Filter.encode(Filter.java:74)
>      at org.apache.pdfbox.cos.COSOutputStream.close(COSOutputStream.java:89)
>      at java.io.FilterOutputStream.close(Unknown Source)
>      at org.apache.pdfbox.cos.COSStream$1.close(COSStream.java:215)
>      at org.apache.pdfbox.multipdf.PDFCloneUtility.cloneForNewDocument(PDFCloneUtility.java:118)
>      at org.apache.pdfbox.multipdf.PDFCloneUtility.cloneForNewDocument(PDFCloneUtility.java:98)
>      at org.apache.pdfbox.multipdf.PDFCloneUtility.cloneForNewDocument(PDFCloneUtility.java:133)
>      at org.apache.pdfbox.multipdf.PDFCloneUtility.cloneForNewDocument(PDFCloneUtility.java:133)
>      at org.apache.pdfbox.multipdf.PDFCloneUtility.cloneForNewDocument(PDFCloneUtility.java:133)
>      at org.apache.pdfbox.multipdf.PDFMergerUtility.appendDocument(PDFMergerUtility.java:477)
>
> I would not mind if I could simply skip the image.  I am unable to figure out how to
complete the merge when this exception occurs.  Is there some way to do that?

>  From the same batch of PDFs I also sometimes get
> WARN  org.apache.pdfbox.filter.DCTFilter - DCTFilter#encode is not implemented yet, skipping
this stream.

> Would it be better if the JPXFilter just wrote a message like the DCTFilter does rather
than throwing an Exception?

Oh, this is a bug. A merge should be possible without decoding /
re-encoding images.

I wish you had said this before I wrote the other answer.

Can you share the files where one of these exception happens?

Tilman