pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Checkbox with multiple AnnotationWidgets
Date Sun, 06 Sep 2015 16:43:45 GMT
Hi Bart,

> Am 04.09.2015 um 20:50 schrieb Bart Taylor <batayl@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a simple document with two PDCheckbox fields, and one of those fields has two
AnnotationWidgets. I am able to successfully call check() on the first field and see the result
in the output document, but calling check() on the field with multiple AnnotationWidgets has
no effect.

> My understanding of duplicated fields is that only a single PDField exists but that an
AnnotationWidget kid will exist for each instance of the field in the document, so setting
the PDField parent once should affect all of the children. Am I misunderstanding how this
should work?

> Attached is the document I am testing as well as a small Java class that reproduces the
issue by calling check() on everything in getFields().  I have tried this with PDFBox 1.8.9,
1.8.10, and the 09/03 Snapshot of 2.0.0. I am viewing the document with Adobe Acrobat Reader
DC Version 2015.008.20082.

I have created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-2961 for this. Thanks for the
report.

Maruan