pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: How flatten without changing appearance
Date Sat, 12 Sep 2015 06:55:08 GMT
Hi,

> Am 12.09.2015 um 00:08 schrieb Kevin Ternes <KTernes@thegeneral.com>:
>
> Maruan,
> That would be great.  Please have a look at:
> https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9CCA324BE57ADA7!76929&authkey=!AKE0x0fh5QDkIIw&ithint=file%2czip
> This should demonstrate the problem by processing several files.

I took a quick look. Which version of PDFBox are you using? Would it be possible to go to
(the yet to be released) 2.0.0 version?

BR
Maruan

> The users complaint is: Boxes are being greyed out and font sizes are being changed by
the flatten.
> My flatten is done by the PDFBoxUtils.flatten() method.
>
> Thanks,
> -Kevin

I could take a look.

> BR
> Maruan
>
>> Am 11.09.2015 um 18:23 schrieb Kevin Ternes <KTernes@thegeneral.com>:
>>
>> I have not been able to successfully flatten a document without affecting the formatting
of the field.
>> There are some example codes out there but none of them work correctly for me.

annotation for the field value formatting and this is not to be changed.

>> when a field is flattened correctly the formatting of the annotations visually representing
the field become part of the page content stream. So if you don't need the fields at all -
as there is no further input - you could flatten the source documents prior to merging them.