pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Kirk, Kenneth" <Kk...@ILSOS.NET>
Subject Rendering PDImageXObject
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 12:58:56 GMT
I have a situation that maybe someone has already solved in a more efficient manner.  When
converting a tiff image to PDF I use the drawImage method of the PDPageContentStream.  The
tiff image has a resolution of 200 DPI which is 1700x2200.  When PDFRenderer renders this
image from the resulting PDF page  it does so at the PDF default of 72 DPI which logically
translates to page 23 inches by 30 inches when applied to the original iamge size of 1700x2200.
 Since I don't know after the fact what DPI a image object on PDF page was drawn at I came
up with down scaling the image at PDF creation time to 72 DPI.  I'm sure there must a better
way one of you computer science PHDs have come up with.

Disclaimer - This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain privileged
or copyright information. You must not present this message to another party without gaining
permission from the sender. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute
or use this email or the information contained in it for any purpose other than to notify
the Office of the Illinois Secretary of State.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete
this email from your system. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of the Office of
the Illinois Secretary of State.