pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tolen Miller <tolenmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cannot load pre existing PDF to access fields
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2015 15:42:48 GMT
I'm sorry Maruan.  My email client did not show me your response, when I
looked at it yesterday. Now (in gmail) I can see your response below mine.

Allow me to respond to your questions: I am using PDFBox version 1.8.10, so
I utilized your suggested PDAcroForm.getXFA() and it did return null. This
is expected, as I created the PDF in LiveCycle as a "Static PDF."

My intention is to store a template (linked previously) on the server's
disk and have server side code run and call PDFBox's API. My implementation
would loop through the fields in the document being passed (no sql db) and
ideally look for field name based matches using PDAcroForm.getField() and
if a match is found on the pdf, set the value.