pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Bruno Svorinic" <BR...@MIT-Software.hr>
Subject Re: PDFbox : Can it be used to modifying templates for generating reports
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 07:34:04 GMT
>From what you wrote I think you would be better of using JasperReport to create PDF from
some template and data coming from database (or JSON or whatever). I think PDFBox (like iText
which Jasper I believe uses) is more oriented at manipulating PDF's on lower level...

Just my 2 cents...

Bruno

>>> Sumit Sandal <Sumit_Sandal@infosys.com> 25.8.2015. 15:00 >>>
Hi All,

I want to implement a solution which parses JSON and picks values from it to generate PDF
from templates.
Kind of Reports.
But have to check width and height of Tables as well.
Will PDFbox be able to help. From what I have learnt today after going through PDFBox site
is that it is not that much of great tool for editing templates and generating dynamic pdfs.

If no, please suggest a good open source library to use. An example doing this will be applauded
heavily :)

Thanks & Regards
Sumit

Infosys e-mail system.