pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: How to extract the object id from a form field?
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2015 19:36:06 GMT
Am 19.08.2015 um 21:16 schrieb Roberto Nibali:

> At least for simple geometric shapes, like rectangles, this should be
> feasible, no? Anyway, after constantly getting "null" from the
> getCOSObject().getItem(COSName.KIDS) and nothing out of getChildren()
> from a given PDField, I kind of gave up.

That should work higher up elements.... You have to start at /Acroform
and work with the intermediate elements (non terminal fields). The 2.0
PDFDebugger shows you what elements are indirect objects. And then go
down until you "hit" one of your PDField objects.

It is tricky because the PDFBox code tries to hide the indirect objects
from the ordinary user most of the time, and the COSBase objects don't
know from what indirect objects they come.

Tilman