pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Change the color of particular text in PDF
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 17:37:46 GMT
Am 11.08.2015 um 19:15 schrieb Prakash Dubey:
>>   You said you have already identified the text. I thought this means you
>> have looked at the content stream.
>
> I have used following link code to identify the code :
> http://www.coderanch.com/t/494267/open-source/replacing-String-PDF-PDFBox

Yes... while that code is outdated, the current example can now be found
in ReplaceString.java in the source code download.

What you could try is to insert new tokens as explained into the content
stream just before the text you want to change. Or to alter existing tokens.

You need to do some work yourself. I.e. create a new PDFOperator("rg"),
preceded by three numbers, and insert these at the correct place into
that list. Alternatively, review what tokens you get, and change the
existing ones.

PDFBox is very low level, it also helps to know a bit about PDF. Get the
PDF spec and start with "operator summary" and then click around. It is
also useful to have a look at the uncompressed PDF. Use the
"WriteDecodedDoc" command line utility and then use NOTEPAD++ to have a
look.

Tilman