pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Pdfbox + Unicode
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 21:39:07 GMT
Hi,

The 2.0 will be released if all (or at least most) of these issues are
solved:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20PDFBOX%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.0.0%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20ORDER%20BY%20due%20ASC%2C%20priority%20DESC%2C%20created%20ASC

We can't give a timeline. The people here are volunteers donating their
time. This is pro bono work. Nobody can't "force" them to do anything to
keep a timeline, or to work for a deadline. This isn't a job, this is
meant to be fun.

The unicode improvements won't be added in 1.8. 2.0 was very much
redesigned, so it isn't possible.

The second best we can do is to help you if you are using the 2.0
version and have problems.

Tilman

Am 10.08.2015 um 22:08 schrieb Rakshit Ashtekar:
> Hello,
>
> I am working on a project where we need the Unicode support. Currently, I
> am using PDFBox 1.8.7 version. Per your suggestion, I tested the Unicode
> support in current 2.0 dev SNAPSHOT. It works and I was successful in
> supporting the required language. Thanks a lot for adding it in 2.0.
>
> I am curious to know if there is any decided timeline for the GA version of
> 2.0? When can we expect the 2.0 version to be out for GA?
>
> If you can provide me some info on the timeline, it would be of great help
> since I can make some decisions for my current project.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Rakshit
>
> On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 9:50 PM, John Hewson <john@jahewson.com> wrote:
>
>> This is a known issue with 1.8 which has been fixed in the 2.0 trunk.
>> There isn't an official release but you can use a development snapshot.
>>
>> -- John
>>
>>> On 6 Jan 2015, at 14:19, tim@ainfach.de wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> i am trying to print a "€" char using pdfbox. The char will end up in "þÿ
>>> ¬".
>>> i tryed to use PDType1Font.HELVETICA and loading Open Sans using
>>> "PDTrueTypeFont.loadTTF(document, "Open_Sans/OpenSans-Regular.ttf");
>>>
>>> i googled and found a lot of hacks around this issue, but i need to
>> calculate the
>>> width of the text later on.
>>>
>>> is there a useable unicode / utf-8 support in pdfbox?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> Tim