pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Draw a colored box around a PDField?
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 18:31:26 GMT
Either just draw the box there, or include it in the appearance stream
of the field, see the first three lines here:

0 G
0.5 0.5 149 55.692 re
/Tx BMC
   1 1 148 54.692 re
   BT
     /Arial 8 Tf
     2 44.0475 Td
     (Lorem ) Tj
     24.896 0 Td
     (ipsum ) Tj

(...)

ET
EMC

However this requires some understanding about the PDF specifications...
the best is to look at the examples that create a PDF and write to the
content stream.

Tilman

Am 05.08.2015 um 20:05 schrieb Kevin Ternes:
> Right.  But that works only if the Highlight Existing Fields option on Adobe Reader is
selected.
> It seems like I could put a colored box around the field that would appear on the screen
independent of the field.

box around the contents of the field.  But I cannot figure out how to do it.  So far, I have
the following.  But where do I go from here?