pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Changing visability on formfield (PDFBox 2.0.0)
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2015 09:32:55 GMT
Hi,

> Am 19.08.2015 um 11:25 schrieb Magnus Evensberget <magnus.evensberget@gmail.com>:
>
> Hey,
>
> I'm trying to change the visability of a field (Visable, Hidden, Visible
> but doesn't print and Hidden but printable) but I can't find a way to do
> this. Is there implemented a method for this?

the visibility is set on the fields widget annotation which you can get via field.getWidgets()
(a filed might have multiple widget annotations).

> I am using this to stikethrough text that are embedded on the pdf (by
> having a border on a textfield) . Is there another more elegant way of
> doing this?

I've done something similar in the past (highlight a text) with annotations instead of fields
as a field involves more objects (the field and the annotation(s) associated).

BR
Maruan