pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Font AutoSize Issue
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2015 20:55:27 GMT
Hi,

> Am 10.07.2015 um 16:06 schrieb jarrod <xhozst@yahoo.com.INVALID>:
>
> Evan,
>
> I tested doing the same thing but decided it wasn't a very good solution in my case.
There are a lot of fields to modify over multiple pages across numerous pdf's that are updated
annually. Additionally, in my case the length of text can be fairly dynamic and fixing a font
could be problematic for users doing manual data entry/correction. Thanks for your added input.
Hopefully Mr Sahyoun has a solution for us.

I had a quick look. The issue is not that the autosizing doesn't work. It's the difference
in calculating the available field size. Unfortunately, as this is not documented in the PDF
spec one has to compare the content generated by Adobe and handle it from there. (e.g. Adobe
adds padding to the fields bounding box but only to a certain limit, there are some edge cases
….)  Anyway, I think there will can achieve a result which is closer to what Adobe achieves
using the data file and templates provided.

Do you have to stay on 1.8.x or would you be able to work with the 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT version?
We are also planning to have an RC out soon.

As I'm on travel it will be start of next week until I can handle it.

BR
Maruan