pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Roberto Nibali <rnib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Migrate form field entries from one pdf to another
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 16:13:24 GMT
Hello

Thanks for helping us out with such good suggestions. My answers are below:

I have no idea; but in the code I attached yesterday, it was possible to
set the checkbox with check() or uncheck().

> But if I understand you correctly, that method didn't work for you; the
> answer by Maruan suggests that the appearance must be set as well in some
> PDFs. (The appearance stream is a sequence of PDF operators that draws
> "what you see") And that is the moment where one would have to look at the
> PDFs themselves in an editor to see what's inside.
>
> I looked in the jmactest.pdf file, that one has appearance streams for
> both states, this can be seen at   Root/AcroForm/Fields/[1]/AP/N   in the
> PDFDebugger. (Use the 2.0 version jar to jump directly with the path I
> mentioned, get it here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/pdfbox/pdfbox-app/2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/

Thanks for this super link. I was a bit lost for a moment. The output of
the two PDFs (one template and a filled out one) using the PDFDebugger is
quite extensive. How shall I best display it to you guys? The PDFs are here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Bzk_1dcyc5SmRpQUJPR3JGUkk/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Bzk_1dcyc5Tk1qcVo2Yk02dTA/view?usp=sharing

Using the SNAPSHOT from 2015/07/04 (java -jar
../pdfbox-app-2.0.0-20150704.091928-1476.jar PDFDebugger Test.pdf), I get a
stackdump when clicking on the following individual node entry:

Root/AcroForm/Fields/[0]/Kids/[0]/Kids/[0]/P

The trace is as follows:

[image: Inline image 1]

> So you would have to see what's in the file that you generate, or what's
> in the template you use.

I do not understand this output at the moment. What do I have to look for?

> Re skype etc, I don't even have skype or a headset, and I'm not really the
> best choice anyway. And sooner or later one would have to look at the PDF
> too, and thus likely see the name of your contact partner, thus breaking
> the NDA :-(

I believe that another person looking at the PDF would be a feasible
exception, but it's definitely gray area.

> I see that the jmactest file is compressed so you won't see much in the
> editor, so I used WriteDecodedDoc utility to decompress it, and here's the
> relevant part for the chekcbox: (it looks less messy if you use
> PDFDebugger!):

How do I get such an output using the above mentioned PDFDebugger?

Thanks and best regards
Roberto