pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Roberto Nibali <rnib...@gmail.com>
Subject How to configure Maven POM to include latest SNAPSHOT of PDFbox
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 09:43:47 GMT
Hi

How do I properly set the dependencies in my Maven POM, so I can use the
latest SNAPSHOT of pdfbox?

I tried the following (https://pdfbox.apache.org/2.0/getting-started.html),
which does not work at all:

To use the latest 2.0 snapshot release from the SVN trunk, you'll need to
add the following dependency:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.pdfbox</groupId>
  <artifactId>pdfbox-app</artifactId>

You'll also need to add the following repository:

<repository>
  <id>ApacheSnapshot</id>
  <name>Apache Repository</name>
  <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/</url>
  <snapshots>
    <enabled>true</enabled>
  </snapshots></repository>

And why did the project change its name from pdfbox to pdfbox-app?

Then I tried to download all the 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT JARS I could find at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/pdfbox/

Adding them manually to the POM didn't work:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.pdfbox</groupId>
    <artifactId>pdfbox</artifactId>
    <version>2.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <scope>system</scope>
    <systemPath>${project.basedir}/extLib/pdfbox-2.0.0-20150707.080520-1509.jar</systemPath>
</dependency>

Any ideas? Do I need the pdfbox or pdfbox-app artifact? How do I add
potential dependencies like fontbox or jempbox (which hasn't been updated
since 2014)?

Also, it seems that the following packages do not form part of pdfbox
anymore:

import org.apache.pdfbox.exceptions.CryptographyException;
import org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.encryption.BadSecurityHandlerException;
import org.apache.pdfbox.util.PDFOperator;

Or this could be the result of my inability to properly set the POM
dependencies.

Best regards
Roberto