pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tres Finocchiaro <tres.finocchi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't map code X in font exception
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2015 03:56:20 GMT
>From my experience the font mapping (1.8 branch) causes quite a bit of
noise in the logs.

And since 1.8 doesn't support embedding of fonts, the best way to suppress
the warnings is to either use the same font on both platforms, or compile
in a custom font mapping which will allow pdfbox to fallback onto a close
equivalent.

The issue here (I would suspect) is that Liberation (designed to be a free
alternative to a proprietary font) is what PDFBOX is looking for rather
than falling back on Times New Roman.

I had a lot of these issues with 1.8, which is why I started compiling my
own mapping in.

https://github.com/qzindustries/qz-print/blob/1.8-pdfbox/pdfbox_1.8.4_qz/src/org/apache/pdfbox/resources/FontMapping.properties#L50

I'm sure the reverse could be done for Linux font names when loading the
PDF on Windows.

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro@gmail.com