pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Derrick Pope <derr...@cuprodigy.com>
Subject Merging PDF Documents with form fields
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2015 16:14:54 GMT
I am using PDFBox 1.8.9.

I am using forms with text boxes that we programmatically fill in.  When
the user selects multiple documents we fill the fields in each document and
merge them together and then display the resulting PDF.

After doing this the resulting PDF has issues with the first document.  If
I open that document in Adobe, the fields on the first document do not
highlight and do not display the values that were set programmatically.
Fields that displayed multiple times in the document loose their field
name.  The fields are there but data is not displayed, field names are
missing on fields displayed multiple times. All subsequent forms appear to
display and act correctly.

It is not a problem with the form.  If I switch which form is first in the
merge the problem is always with the first form.

Here is my code to merge the documents.

*DERRICK POPE*  |  Product Manager

—

O 801.451.9101

C 801.940.6954

A *209 E GORDON AVE *  |  * LAYTON, UT *  |  *84041*
[image: CUProdigy] <http://cuprodigy.com/>