pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From John Hewson <j...@jahewson.com>
Subject Re: Fill out XFA PDF that is digitally signed
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2015 02:01:27 GMT

> On 19 Jul 2015, at 13:08, Joe Schafer <joesmoe10@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Bummer,  PDFBOX-2859 seems to be the tracking issue, is that correct?

> Do you know of another open-source library that supports filling digitally signed XFA
PDFs?  iText looks like it has support, but it's licensed under the Affero GPL v3.

It’s still possible to find the old iText 2.1.7, which is licensed under the more permissive
MPL. It’s no longer maintained but it might work for you.

http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.lowagie/itext/4.2.2

Of course, we’re hoping to support incremental update for forms in PDFBox at some point
in the future.

— John

> https://github.com/itext/itextpdf
>
>> Tilman Hausherr <mailto:THausherr@t-online.de>
>> Saturday, July 18, 2015 3:46 PMvia Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
>> Am 18.07.2015 um 21:17 schrieb Joe Schafer:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to fill out an XFA PDF form that is digitally signed.  I'd like
>>> to fill it out without removing the security features, but I'll take
>>> anything that works.
>>>
>>> I've started a minimal working example here that includes the PDF under
>>> pdf/da1059.pdf:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/jschaf/pdfxfa.git
>>>
>>> The steps to run it would be something like:
>>>
>>> git clone https://github.com/jschaf/pdfxfa.git
>>> cd pdfxfa
>>> mvn package
>>> java -cp target/pdfxfa-0.1.jar com.jschaf.Main pdf/da1059.pdf
>>>

>>> I also posted it to Stack Overflow, with no answers yet:
>>>
>>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31444634
>>
>> It isn't supported yet:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-2857
>>
>> I asked about the same problem in the mailing list, but can't find it for some reason.
It must have been within the last 2 weeks.