pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: DomXmpParser: namespace not found
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 08:56:29 GMT
Hi,

> Am 08.07.2015 um 22:42 schrieb Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de>:
>
> Am 08.07.2015 um 17:22 schrieb Allison, Timothy B.:
>> All,
>> Apologies for the idiocy I'm about to reveal (well, that won't be a revelation to
anyone, really), but is there an obvious solution for this kind of error:

the namespace http://ns.adobe.com/lightroom/1.0/
>>                 at org.apache.xmpbox.xml.DomXmpParser.checkPropertyDefinition(DomXmpParser.java:848)
>>                 at org.apache.xmpbox.xml.DomXmpParser.parseChildrenAsProperties(DomXmpParser.java:290)
>>                 at org.apache.xmpbox.xml.DomXmpParser.parseDescriptionRoot(DomXmpParser.java:234)
>>                 at org.apache.xmpbox.xml.DomXmpParser.parse(DomXmpParser.java:198)
>>                 at org.apache.xmpbox.xml.DomXmpParser.parse(DomXmpParser.java:105)
>>                 at org.apache.tika.parser.image.xmp.JempboxExtractor.parse(JempboxExtractor.java:59)
>>
>> On a handful of image files in our test docs on Tika, I'm getting this with:
>>
>> http://ns.adobe.com/lightroom/1.0/
>> http://ns.adobe.com/exif/1.0/aux/
>>

> These namespaces are not supported by xmpbox. We've had this problem with another namespace
(I can't remember which one), and it wasn't possible to support it because we couldn't find
a schema definition.

> But you say these are image files. So this isn't about pdf xmp.

xmpbox is targeted around PDF/A-1. So I'd think we should discuss to extend it to support
other PDF standard meta data requirements as well as generic XMP use cases to again have a
generic XMP library. OTOH there is org.apache.xmlgraphics.xmp

WDYT?

BR
Maruan