pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From jarrod <xho...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: PDFBox 2.0.0 Snapshot PDChoice and Increased Runtime Execution Time
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2015 23:32:20 GMT
Hello John,

Adding  setNeedAppearances(true) did allow me to set PDChoice fields similar to version 1.8.9.
I noticed that you did not have to add the value if it didn't exist first like you would have
had to do in version 1.8.9.

Additionally, adding that line of code reduced the runtime for saving by a few seconds and
also removed those warnings I was getting previously.

On top of all that, it appears to have resolved the auto sizing issue that I was facing and
working on with Maruan.

So does this, "This tells consumers of the PDF that they will need to generate the appearances
themselves, i.e. they are not pre-generated" mean that pdf reader's will then have to generate
the appearance when it opens? I guess the danger there is that it can appear differently across
different readers and versions.

Now I'm just wondering if there is anyway to reduce the 8seconds to save.

Thanks for all the support!

Jarrod