pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From jarrod <xho...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject PDFBox 2.0.0 Snapshot PDChoice and Increased Runtime Execution Time
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2015 18:53:03 GMT
Hello,

I've converted a 1.8.9 project to the latest 2.0.0 shapshot (as of 20150716). This project
fill's in acroForm fields and then saves to a new file.

1.  I'm having difficulty in assigning the selected value to a PDChoice field. In 1.8.9, I
was able to use .setValue(strValueGoesHere) as long as the item already existed. When it didn't
exist, i would add it first. In version 2.0.0, using .setValue(strValueGoesHere) throws an
exception "not implemented". Then I proceeded to try using .setSelectedOptionsIndex but that
throws the following exception "Setting the indices is not allowed for choice fields not allowing
multiple selections."

How should I be setting this PDChoice field?

2.  Additionally, I've noticed the runtime execution time has dramatically increased when
saving the document. The following lines of code only took 0 seconds previously and now takes
14 seconds;

java.util.Date startTime2 = new java.util.Date();
pdfDocument.save(dest);
pdfDocument.close();
java.util.Date endTime2 = new java.util.Date();
System.out.println("Save Time: " + ((endTime2.getTime()-startTime2.getTime())/1000));

3.  Also, I'm getting the following log entries during runtime although I'm guessing they
are not very important;

Jul 16, 2015 1:43:30 PM java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferences <init>
WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002.
Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5.

Jul 16, 2015 1:43:30 PM org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType1Font <init>
WARNING: Using fallback font ArialMT for base font ZapfDingbats

Thanks,

Jarrod