pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Atul Kulkarni <atul_kulka...@persistent.com>
Subject RE: issue- visibility of form field values for a merged pdf
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2015 01:00:58 GMT
Hi,

We are using the custom code but I tested it using the same way you mentioned here as well
and results are reproducible to me. We have to open and close the merged pdf over and again
to see the problematic behavior. Could you please try merging and opening the merged pdf (10-15
times) over and again and you should see the field values missing. Sequence of steps that
I use-

1. merge
2. Open and check
3. Go to #1

Thanks,
Atul

-----Original Message-----
From: Maruan Sahyoun [mailto:sahyoun@fileaffairs.de]
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2015 5:49 PM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: issue- visibility of form field values for a merged pdf

I received the files via private mail and did test them using

java -jar pdfbox-app-1.8.8.jar PDFMerger "w4vt.pdf" "Accord Filled.pdf" merged-1.8.8.pdf

and compared the result with the filled form prior to merging and all form fields are there
and visible using Adobe Reader.

How are you merging the documents together? Do you use some custom code? If yes could you
test the command line app as outlined above and let me know the results?

BR
Maruan

> Am 22.06.2015 um 09:12 schrieb Maruan Sahyoun <sahyoun@fileaffairs.de>:
>
> if that's not possible you can send them to me via private mail.
>
> BR
> Maruan
>
>> Am 21.06.2015 um 10:05 schrieb Atul Kulkarni <atul_kulkarni@persistent.com>:
>>

>> Thanks Maruan.
>> I'm confirming legality to put the pdfs in public domain and will get back to you
ASAP.

pdf manipulations. We are facing issue while merging pdfs. Simplistically put the issue is
as below-

>>> 1.       Input: PDF1, PDF2. PDF2 is a PDF form with information filled information.
>>
>> would it be possible to upload a sample PDF1 and PDF2 to a public location?
>>
>> BR
>> Maruan
>>

>>> 2.       Expected Output- A single merged PDF file with PDF2 pages appended to
PDF1.

>>> 3.       The issue: PDFs are merged/appended but form information is not visible.
>>>
>>> The visibility of fields is random. I'm using Acrobat Reader XI to see the merged
pdf document. If I open same (merged) document over and again the number of populated fields
I see change. This issue is reproducible with version 1.8.7 and 1.8.8 as well. If form field
values are read again programmatically, all values are there intact and have correct value.

>>> We are using org.apache.pdfbox.util.PDFMergerUtility to merge the pdfs. To no
surprise, the issue is also reproducible with org.apache.pdfbox.PDFMerger  as well (because,
PDFMerger internally uses PDFMergerUtility).

>>> Let us know how to fix this issue or anyone has any suggestions to get around
the issue.

>>> Thanks,
>>> Atul
>>>
>>> DISCLAIMER
>>> ==========
>>> This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the
property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity

>> DISCLAIMER
>> This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property
of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read,
retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication

DISCLAIMER
any liability for virus infected mails.