pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Atul Kulkarni <atul_kulka...@persistent.com>
Subject RE: issue- visibility of form field values for a merged pdf
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2015 07:55:42 GMT

Hi,

I'm not sure how to identify which one is used. Can you help?
The file is opened inside the browser

Thanks,
Atul

-----Original Message-----
From: Maruan Sahyoun [mailto:sahyoun@fileaffairs.de]
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2015 12:01 PM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: issue- visibility of form field values for a merged pdf

> Am 26.06.2015 um 08:26 schrieb Atul Kulkarni <atul_kulkarni@persistent.com>:
>
> Hi Maruan,
>
> One more issue that we are having with merged pdf is, when it is sent to the browser
(as a response) the pdf is displayed properly in IE and chrome but the firefox doesn't display
any of the template fields.

are you viewing via Adobe Reader plugin or with the builtin PDF viewers? Same for all browsers?

BR
Maruan

> Do you have any suggestion?
>
> Thanks,
> Atul

 I think I was keeping template open to compare the output result. If we run merge command
by keeping template file open it seems to affect visibility of fields randomly in the output.

> Thanks,
> Atul

then fields start to be 'missing'. But that's not an issue with PDFBox as the document is
correctly generated.

> BR
> Maruan
>

>> Thanks,
>> Atul

are there and visible using Adobe Reader.

>> How are you merging the documents together? Do you use some custom code? If yes could
you test the command line app as outlined above and let me know the results?

>> BR
>> Maruan
>>
>>> Am 22.06.2015 um 09:12 schrieb Maruan Sahyoun <sahyoun@fileaffairs.de>:
>>>
>>> if that's not possible you can send them to me via private mail.
>>>
>>> BR
>>> Maruan

the merged pdf document. If I open same (merged) document over and again the number of populated
fields I see change. This issue is reproducible with version 1.8.7 and 1.8.8 as well. If form
field values are read again programmatically, all values are there intact and have correct
value.

To no surprise, the issue is also reproducible with org.apache.pdfbox.PDFMerger  as well (because,
PDFMerger internally uses PDFMergerUtility).

is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual

the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual

>> DISCLAIMER
>> This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property
of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read,
retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication