pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Atul Kulkarni <atul_kulka...@persistent.com>
Subject issue- visibility of form field values for a merged pdf
Date Sun, 21 Jun 2015 07:23:13 GMT
Hi,

We are using Apache PDFBox (Version 1.8.9) for merging pdf documents and other pdf manipulations.
We are facing issue while merging pdfs. Simplistically put the issue is as below-

1.       Input: PDF1, PDF2. PDF2 is a PDF form with information filled information.

2.       Expected Output- A single merged PDF file with PDF2 pages appended to PDF1.

3.       The issue: PDFs are merged/appended but form information is not visible.

The visibility of fields is random. I'm using Acrobat Reader XI to see the merged pdf document.
If I open same (merged) document over and again the number of populated fields I see change.
This issue is reproducible with version 1.8.7 and 1.8.8 as well. If form field values are
read again programmatically, all values are there intact and have correct value.

We are using org.apache.pdfbox.util.PDFMergerUtility to merge the pdfs. To no surprise, the
issue is also reproducible with org.apache.pdfbox.PDFMerger  as well (because, PDFMerger internally
uses PDFMergerUtility).

Let us know how to fix this issue or anyone has any suggestions to get around the issue.

Thanks,
Atul

DISCLAIMER
any liability for virus infected mails.