pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Kirk, Kenneth" <Kk...@ILSOS.NET>
Subject RE: image Resolution
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2015 14:00:40 GMT
Well after checking further I found that the problem was in the scaling after the image was
created.  I wanting to scale it to 200 dpi using ImageIO and that is where the size discrepancy
came about.  If I leave it at 72 dpi it's okay.  One other problem I having is generating
a image from a PDF page with lines that are light gray.  When rendering the page as ImageType.BINARY
the lines drops them out completely when the image rendered.  I have to render it as RBG first
and make an extra call to convert to black and white which slow the process way down.  It
seems the threshold value need to be manipulated but I'm not sure where one changes that at.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tilman Hausherr [mailto:THausherr@t-online.de]
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2015 3:51 PM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: image Resolution

Why not just use the dpi parameter when rendering?

Tilman

Am 26.06.2015 um 21:43 schrieb Kirk, Kenneth:
> I'm sure this question has been asked before but I wasn't on the list when it was.  I
have PDFs that I need to convert to images.  Most are 8.5x11.  Some are 8.5 x 3.5.  My problem
is figuring out the resolution when I save them as 200dpi tiff images.  I made some assumptions
that held true until I encountered PDFs that deviated from the those assumptions.  Although
I can assume all PDFs are 8.5 inch wide and therefore I can deduce the resolution based of
the width of the actually page I don't want to assume anything but calculate the resolution
base on what I can get from the PDF structure itself.

> Disclaimer - This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain
privileged or copyright information. You must not present this message to another party without
gaining permission from the sender. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy,
distribute or use this email or the information contained in it for any purpose other than
to notify the Office of the Illinois Secretary of State.

> If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and
delete this email from your system. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of the Office of