pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Ternes <KTer...@thegeneral.com>
Subject Setting a border color on a PDTextBox
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2015 20:44:06 GMT
I am using PDFBox 1.8.9 to change an existing PDF.
The requirement is to change an existing field so that the text is Helvetica Bold and bordered
with a given color.
A mockup of the desired PDF is here:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3103884/dev/PdfBoxMockupCapture.png

   Given PDDocument pdDocument...:

   PDDocumentCatalog catalog = pdDocument.getDocumentCatalog();
   PDAcroForm pdAcroForm = catalog.getAcroForm();
   PDField pdField = pdAcroForm.getField(fieldName);

   COSDictionary pdFieldDictionary = pdField.getDictionary();
   COSString defaultAppearance = (COSString) pdFieldDictionary.getDictionaryObject(COSName.DA);
   if (defaultAppearance != null) {
       pdFieldDictionary.setString(COSName.DA, "/HeBo 9 Tf 0 g");
   }

   PDGamma pdGamma = new PDGamma();
   pdGamma.setR(0);
   pdGamma.setG(1);
   pdGamma.setB(0);
   PDAppearanceCharacteristicsDictionary pdApDict = new PDAppearanceCharacteristicsDictionary(pdFieldDictionary);
   pdApDict.setBorderColour(pdGamma);

   PDTextbox pdTextBox = new PDTextbox(pdAcroForm, pdFieldDictionary);
   PDAppearance pdAppearance = new PDAppearance(pdAcroForm, pdTextBox);
   pdAppearance.setAppearanceValue(PDLayoutAttributeObject.BORDER_STYLE_SOLID);

I am getting the Helvetica Bold change but I am missing the colored border.
Can anyone tell me what I am missing or doing wrong?