pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Karlsson <thejo...@gmail.com>
Subject fonts found in files with no fonts
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 21:24:20 GMT
I'm trying to extract fonts from PDF documents. I get the pages from a
PDDocument, then call 'page.getResources().getFonts()' on each page.

When I pass in a PDF file that contains only images, getFonts() still
returns a number of fonts (Arial, Courier New, ArialMT, CourierNewPSMT).

If I inspect the PDF file with a pdf viewer (eg. Preview on OS X), no fonts
are listed. Is pdfbox adding the fonts? Is it possible to detect whether
there are no fonts in the original document?

thanks for any suggestions,

_jonas