pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Evan Williams <evan.willi...@zapprx.com>
Subject Going from 1.8.9 to 2.0
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2015 20:20:23 GMT
I have an application written to use pdfbox 1.8.9 which is all about
filling forms. I have a form library and I fill in values in forms using
data I am handed.

One of the things I also need to do is do introspection on the pdf document
to find out what fields are in it and make a template for filling the form
with data in my application.

I am trying to get my application to work with pdfbox 2.0. Getting the
forms I have to fill was pretty straightforward.

But I am having some difficulty with the introspection.

For the templates I like to have an enumeration of the possible values of
the field if the field has such values. For example the names of the
possible values for a collection of radio buttons.

I understood how to get those values for the 1.8.9 PDRadioCollection but I
have tried various things to get the same information for the 2.0
PDRadioButton and I am not getting the information I need. the getOptions()
method on PDButton looked like exactly what I needed. But it always returns
null for me.

As an aside I also used to get the on and off values of checkboxes with
getOnValue() and getOffValue(). These are in the Javadoc but appear to not
be in the actual API. I don't care very much about those, but they were
nice to have, and the Javadoc should be accurate as much as possible.

If anyone can help me with the RadioButton thing that would be a big help.

Thank you.
--
*Evan Williams*
Sr. Software Engineer