pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Brzrk One <brz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Merge documents with streaming?
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 15:33:04 GMT
Impossible?
Nothing (:*mostly* nothing:) is impossible, it's just a matter of how much
programming it will require!
:)

I've used perl scripts to check/regenerate the xref table after I used a
text editor to twiddle objects... on one level, the PDF file is just text...

In the simple case, one could write a script that iterated over the
files, renumbering all the object ids, replacing the
references, concatenating all the pieces, and building a combined xref
table at the end. I think the output could be streamed, and the files would
not need to be kept in memory.

Of course, there are those *non*-simple cases which seem to comprise the
bulk of PDF examples...