pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Going from 1.8.9 to 2.0
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2015 19:59:00 GMT
Hi,

> Am 25.06.2015 um 19:31 schrieb Maruan Sahyoun <sahyoun@fileaffairs.de>:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Am 25.06.2015 um 19:27 schrieb Evan Williams <evan.williams@zapprx.com>:
>>
>> I apologize for my stupidity, but I have no idea how to get the value I
>> need from a PDAppearanceEntry. It is obviously a map of appearance streams
>> but I am not certain how to extract the actual name of the widget from the
>> appearance entry. Could you possibly give me a bit more detail
>
> I'll send you a quick sample later today for the Gender field - and no need to apologize
- it's us who should make it easier to work with PDFBox.

Here you go:

        PDDocument doc = PDDocument.load( new File("RheumatoidArthritis.pdf") );
        PDAcroForm form = doc.getDocumentCatalog().getAcroForm();
        PDTerminalField gender = (PDTerminalField) form.getField("Gender");

        for (PDAnnotationWidget widget : gender.getWidgets())
        {
            System.out.println(((COSDictionary) widget.getAppearance().getNormalAppearance().getCOSObject()).keySet());
        }

BR
Maruan