pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Morris, Mark" <Mark.Mor...@experian.com>
Subject Merge documents with streaming?
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 16:12:01 GMT
Hello! I’m generating multiple pdf documents using a commercial tool, then merging them into
one document to deliver to the user. This all works, but I’m trying to reduce the memory
footprint, and the current approach builds everything in memory.

So I wondered if this is possible: Create a document that streams to a file, then keep concatenating
more pdf documents to the end, without needing to have the whole thing in memory at any time.
I’ve looked through the API and didn’t see a way, but it’s new to me so I’m sure I
could have missed something.

Thanks for any assistance!

Regards,
Mark