pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: issue- visibility of form field values for a merged pdf
Date Sun, 21 Jun 2015 07:49:13 GMT
Hi,

> Am 21.06.2015 um 09:23 schrieb Atul Kulkarni <atul_kulkarni@persistent.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
> We are using Apache PDFBox (Version 1.8.9) for merging pdf documents and other pdf manipulations.
We are facing issue while merging pdfs. Simplistically put the issue is as below-

> 1.       Input: PDF1, PDF2. PDF2 is a PDF form with information filled information.

would it be possible to upload a sample PDF1 and PDF2 to a public location?

BR
Maruan

> 2.       Expected Output- A single merged PDF file with PDF2 pages appended to PDF1.
>
> 3.       The issue: PDFs are merged/appended but form information is not visible.
>
> The visibility of fields is random. I'm using Acrobat Reader XI to see the merged pdf
document. If I open same (merged) document over and again the number of populated fields I
see change. This issue is reproducible with version 1.8.7 and 1.8.8 as well. If form field
values are read again programmatically, all values are there intact and have correct value.

> We are using org.apache.pdfbox.util.PDFMergerUtility to merge the pdfs. To no surprise,
the issue is also reproducible with org.apache.pdfbox.PDFMerger  as well (because, PDFMerger
internally uses PDFMergerUtility).

> Let us know how to fix this issue or anyone has any suggestions to get around the issue.
>
> Thanks,
> Atul
>
> DISCLAIMER
of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read,
retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication