pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: features differences between PDFBox and ITEXT 5
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2015 20:03:27 GMT
Am 26.06.2015 um 21:49 schrieb Mark Bolduc:
> Hello folks, I am new here and am currently using ITEXT 5, however I do not
> prefer to pay the licensing fees going forward.

Yeah, I too don't understand why that guy insists on selling his work
for money to support himself and his family and have a good life :-)

> I generate PDF's using images and tables.
>
> I read an old post stating PDFbox does not support tables,
>
> Is this still true?
Yes.

However I've seen some third party add-ons for tables... google for them.

> Is there a FAQ features differences between PDFBox and ITEXT 5?

No. The main difference is that PDFBox has a low level approach, and
itext has a high level approach re PDF creation.

PDFBox just does what's in the specification and nothing more. Itext (as
far as I know) can do stuff like paragraphs, tables, etc.

You might also have a look at APache FOP.

Tilman