pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: fonts found in files with no fonts
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2015 06:16:19 GMT
Am 11.06.2015 um 02:52 schrieb Jonas Karlsson:
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 5:29 PM Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de>
> wrote:
>
>> Am 10.06.2015 um 23:24 schrieb Jonas Karlsson:
>>
>> Upload the document somewhere, and we'll tell you. Or use the
>> PDFDebugger command line utility. Or an editor, search for /Font.
>>

> Looks like the /Font is in the file.  I must be looking at things
> incorrectly.

Things are sometimes tricky - /Font means that the pdf uses some font,
but it doesn't mean that they have to be embedded within the PDF if they
are one of the "standard 14 fonts" (e.g. Times Roman). And even if they
are embedded, they don't have to be full, sometimes they are only a
subset. Maybe compare the font window from your OSX preview to the font
window from Adobe Reader.

Tilman