pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Merge documents with streaming?
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 15:27:08 GMT
One could reduce the memory footprint by using scratch files when

Tilman

Am 05.06.2015 um 17:14 schrieb Morris, Mark:
> Since I’ve gotten no response, is it safe to assume this is something that’s architecturally
impossible?

> Thanks,
> Mark
>
>> On Jun 3, 2015, at 11:12 AM, Morris, Mark <Mark.Morris@experian.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello! I’m generating multiple pdf documents using a commercial tool, then merging
them into one document to deliver to the user. This all works, but I’m trying to reduce
the memory footprint, and the current approach builds everything in memory.

>> So I wondered if this is possible: Create a document that streams to a file, then
keep concatenating more pdf documents to the end, without needing to have the whole thing
in memory at any time. I’ve looked through the API and didn’t see a way, but it’s new
to me so I’m sure I could have missed something.