pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: issue- visibility of form field values for a merged pdf
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2015 06:07:48 GMT
Hi,

> Am 24.06.2015 um 03:00 schrieb Atul Kulkarni <atul_kulkarni@persistent.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
> We are using the custom code but I tested it using the same way you mentioned here as
well and results are reproducible to me. We have to open and close the merged pdf over and
again to see the problematic behavior. Could you please try merging and opening the merged
pdf (10-15 times) over and again and you should see the field values missing. Sequence of
steps that I use-

> 1. merge
> 2. Open and check
> 3. Go to #1

I did several times merge, open and check, close and the same again without any issues.

If you don't close the document so you do merge, open and check and the merge again … then
fields start to be 'missing'. But that's not an issue with PDFBox as the document is correctly
generated.

BR
Maruan

> Thanks,
> Atul

there and visible using Adobe Reader.

> How are you merging the documents together? Do you use some custom code? If yes could
you test the command line app as outlined above and let me know the results?

> BR
> Maruan
>
>> Am 22.06.2015 um 09:12 schrieb Maruan Sahyoun <sahyoun@fileaffairs.de>:
>>
>> if that's not possible you can send them to me via private mail.
>>
>> BR
>> Maruan
>>
>>> Am 21.06.2015 um 10:05 schrieb Atul Kulkarni <atul_kulkarni@persistent.com>:
>>>

>>> Thanks Maruan.
>>> I'm confirming legality to put the pdfs in public domain and will get back to
you ASAP.

other pdf manipulations. We are facing issue while merging pdfs. Simplistically put the issue
is as below-

>>> would it be possible to upload a sample PDF1 and PDF2 to a public location?
>>>
>>> BR
>>> Maruan

merged pdf document. If I open same (merged) document over and again the number of populated
fields I see change. This issue is reproducible with version 1.8.7 and 1.8.8 as well. If form
field values are read again programmatically, all values are there intact and have correct
value.

no surprise, the issue is also reproducible with org.apache.pdfbox.PDFMerger  as well (because,
PDFMerger internally uses PDFMergerUtility).

the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual

>>> DISCLAIMER
>>> This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the
property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity

> DISCLAIMER
of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read,
retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication