pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: issue- visibility of form field values for a merged pdf
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2015 08:07:01 GMT
Hi,

> Am 26.06.2015 um 09:55 schrieb Atul Kulkarni <atul_kulkarni@persistent.com>:
>

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure how to identify which one is used. Can you help?
> The file is opened inside the browser

in Firefox you can enter about:preferences#applications <about:preferences%23applications>
in the address bar. Scroll down until you find the entry 'Portable Document Format' which
will tell you the application being used to view the PDF - or in case it's handled by the
builtin viewer will have the entry 'Preview in Firefox'.

BR
Maruan

> Thanks,
> Atul

(as a response) the pdf is displayed properly in IE and chrome but the firefox doesn't display
any of the template fields.

> are you viewing via Adobe Reader plugin or with the builtin PDF viewers? Same for all
browsers?

> BR
> Maruan
>

>> Do you have any suggestion?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Atul

closed.  I think I was keeping template open to compare the output result. If we run merge
command by keeping template file open it seems to affect visibility of fields randomly in
the output.

>> Thanks,
>> Atul

>>> 2. Open and check
>>> 3. Go to #1
>>>

>> I did several times merge, open and check, close and the same again without any issues.
>>
>> If you don't close the document so you do merge, open and check and the merge again
… then fields start to be 'missing'. But that's not an issue with PDFBox as the document
is correctly generated.

>> BR
>> Maruan
>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Atul

are there and visible using Adobe Reader.

>>> How are you merging the documents together? Do you use some custom code? If yes
could you test the command line app as outlined above and let me know the results?

>>> BR
>>> Maruan

see the merged pdf document. If I open same (merged) document over and again the number of
populated fields I see change. This issue is reproducible with version 1.8.7 and 1.8.8 as
well. If form field values are read again programmatically, all values are there intact and
have correct value.

pdfs. To no surprise, the issue is also reproducible with org.apache.pdfbox.PDFMerger  as
well (because, PDFMerger internally uses PDFMergerUtility).

is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual

is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual

>>> DISCLAIMER
>>> This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the
property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity

>> DISCLAIMER
>> This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property
of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read,
retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication