pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Gilad Denneboom <gilad.denneb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PDPageDestination off by one
Date Mon, 04 May 2015 12:09:02 GMT
PDF pages (like almost anything else in arrays or lists) are 0-based. That
means that 0 refers to the first item, 1 to the second one, etc. So PDF
page #2 refers to the third physical page in the document.
Acrobat is a user-facing application so it uses the more conventional
1-based way of referring to the these items, so the first page in a
document is #1, the second page is #2, etc.
This is something you always have to keep in mind when switching between a
development environment and a user environment.