pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: About String Replacement
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 18:04:45 GMT
Am 11.05.2015 um 19:43 schrieb David Lee:
> Hi,
>
> I am very eager to implement the following code, but Tj or TJ
> returning nothing, so the rest of the code is not working. I am using
> it with a very simple pdf (attached).
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pdfbox/tags/1.5.0/pdfbox/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/examples/pdmodel/ReplaceString.java
>
> I will be glad to know what's wrong.

I don't understand you: you mention you want to implement something that
is already implemented, obviously since 1.5.0 at least (we're at version
1.8.9 now).
What exactly is happening? "Tj or TJ returning nothing" doesn't make
sense, these are PDF operators, they don't return anything.

Maybe you meant that you wanted to run that sample...

The good news is that because your post landed in moderation, the
moderators (one of which is me) have a copy of the PDF (it isn't in the
mailing list). The arguments of TJ are not human readable, because a
font subset is used, i.e. this isn't pure ascii, only codes 1-21 are used.

So how can we help?

Tilman