pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Replacing an image in a PDF file using PDFBox
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 05:33:22 GMT
Hi,

You could get the resources from the page with getResources(), then do
getXObjects() to get the XObjects map, then replace your image with the
new one. You need to know the key of your image, of course.

However:
- I haven't tested this
- I assume you're using 1.8.9
- It will work only if your image is part of the main content stream,
not if the image is in an XForm (i.e. deeper nested)
- This does not handle a real electronic signature (and if your document
is signed, then the signature will not be valid anymore)
- If the new image has a different size than the old one, more troubles
will be coming
- Don't use this for evil purposes :-)

Good luck... come back if you need more help.

Tilman