pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Munn <and...@nmedia.net>
Subject Windows font error
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 02:49:19 GMT
I am adding some text to a PDF and when I open it in acrobat viewer I get
two errors:

"An error exists on this page.  Acrobat may not display the page
correctly.  Please contact the person who created teh PDF document to
correct the problem"

and a couple secs later:

"Cannot find or create the font 'AAAAVG+ArielMT'.  Some character may not
display or print correctly."

And the characters are replaced with little round dots.

I am running the latest 2.0.0 snapshot.  Code is:

 File f1 = new File("C:\\windows\\fonts\\arial.ttf");
 font = PDType0Font.load(document, f1);
 PDPageContentStream cos = new PDPageContentStream(document, p, true, true);
 cos.showText("my text");

Other fonts either do the same thing (lsans.ttf,times.ttf) or give the
error about the missing glyph.  If I render that page as a PNG and save it
the font appears correctly.

Thanks